Authorization to commence service under ComEd’s Rate BESH (Basic Electric Service – Hourly Energy Pricing).
Applicable to all residential customers who purchase their electricity supply through ComEd. Customers who purchase electricity supply from a Retail Electric Supplier cannot simultaneously take service under ComEd’s Rate BESH (the hourly rate used for ComEd’s Hourly Pricing program).
Note: Savings are not guaranteed. You are more likely to see savings on ComEd’s Hourly Pricing program if you regularly use more than 350 kWh each month. Your monthly kWh usage can be found on your electric bill. For assistance, please contact an Hourly Pricing specialist at 888-202-7787.
Savings on ComEd’s Hourly Pricing will vary month-to-month based on market rates, weather and individual electricity usage. Customers interested in ComEd’s Hourly Pricing program who have selected another electric supplier or are included in municipal aggregation should check with their supplier regarding cancellation terms and conditions before enrolling. Please thoroughly read theFrequently Asked Questions and ComEd’s Hourly Pricing Guide before enrolling.
By clicking the submit button, I confirm that:
- This account is in my name.
- I reviewed the terms of taking service and the applicable charges under Rate BESH, and I authorize ComEd to switch my account and commence service under that rate.
- I acknowledge that participation in ComEd’s Hourly Pricing program does not guarantee future savings over the standard fixed-price rate and that my individual savings and billing totals from month to month may be higher or lower than the fixed-priced rate.
- I may request to leave the Hourly Pricing program at any time; however, I may not rejoin the program for 12 billing periods following the completion of my account’s last billing period on Hourly Pricing.
- If my home already has a smart meter(s), I understand that it/they can be used to participate in ComEd’s Hourly Pricing program.
- I acknowledge that a meter(s) compatible with ComEd’s Hourly Pricing program must be installed at my home before commencing service under Rate BESH, and furthermore I hereby terminate service under Rider NAM – Non AMI Metering (Rider NAM) and authorize the installation of an AMI smart meter on my premises, if applicable.
- I authorize this participation agreement to be secured and maintained by the Program Administrator, currently Elevate Energy, and I authorize ComEd to release my electric energy usage and billing information to the Program Administrator, who may change in the future.
- If I elect to receive Hourly Pricing Alerts via text messaging (SMS), I will receive a text message when hourly prices for electricity supply are trending at or above $0.14/kWh or when electricity is expected to be in high demand the following day. I understand that I may opt out at any time from these text alerts by texting STOP to 67076 and that
message and data rates may apply. As the account holder I hereby agree to the text messaging (SMS) Terms and Conditions of the program administrator’s SMS service provider which can be found at
Peak Time Savings Terms and Conditions
ComEd's Peak Time Savings (PTS) program is available to any residential customer who has a smart meter installed and in operation at their premises. ComEd's tariff for customers taking service under the PTS program is Rider PTR - Peak Time Rebate (Rider PTR). A bill credit is issued to residential customers taking electric service under the PTS program who reduce their consumption of electric power and energy during specific periods of time that are identified as Peak Time Savings Hours which can occur between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. The timeframe is determined by PJM Interconnection, L.L.C. (PJM) and ComEd and is subject to change.
PREREQUISITES OF SERVICE
The following prerequisites of service must be met before a customer can enroll and participate in PTS:
- Must be a residential customer in ComEd's service area.
- Must have a smart meter installed at the customer's location.
- The customer must enroll in the PTS program via telephone call to 844-852-0347 or online at ComEd.com/PTS. Additionally, reductions in electric power and energy made by customers in accordance with the provisions of this program may not be concurrent with, or part of, reductions that are being made in accordance with the provisions of another demand response program or energy curtailment program offered by another entity (e.g., utility, alternative retail electric supplier or curtailment service provider).
PEAK TIME SAVINGS
The credit provided by ComEd to a customer served under the PTS program for Peak Time Savings Hours is equal to the PTS credit mentioned below multiplied by the kilowatt-hour (kWh) differential between the sum of the kWhs provided to such residential customer during such Peak Time Savings Hours and the sum of the kWhs associated with the hours in the Peak Time Savings Hours in such customer's baseline load profile. The customer's baseline load profile means the customer's hourly electric power and energy usage during a span of time that does not occur during specific Peak Time Savings Hours, but that corresponds to such specific Peak Time Savings Hours. Such hourly electric power and energy usage is determined in accordance with a methodology approved by the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) and PJM Interconnection, L.L.C. (PJM). Notwithstanding the previous provisions of this PTS section, in the event that the sum of the kWhs associated with the residential customer's baseline load profile during Peak Time Savings Hours does not exceed the sum of the kWhs provided to such residential customer during such Peak Time Savings Hours, then no credit will be provided to the residential customer for such Peak Time Savings Hours. Compensation received by ComEd from PJM for providing the resource obtained through its PTS program resources in applicable PJM Demand Response Programs, to the extent that it is not used or is not sufficient in any given year in the provision of credits to residential customers in accordance with the provisions of this PTS section, is accrued for use in providing such credits in subsequent years, as applicable.Correspondingly, to the extent that compensation received by ComEd from PJM for its participation in applicable PJM Demand Response Programs is not used or is not sufficient in any given year for the provision of credits to residential customers in accordance with the provisions of this PTS section, ComEd may increase the number of days with or limit the number or duration of Peak Time Savings Hours in subsequent years, as applicable. However, ComEd must make all reasonable efforts to designate a number of days with Peak Time Savings Hours in any given year that serves to minimize the absolute value of such accruals from such year to subsequent years. The per kWh PTS credit is $1.00 and this credit amount is subject to revision after October 1, 2016, in order that the total amount of credits provided to residential customers served under the PTS program is funded by the compensation that ComEd obtains through applicable PJM Demand Response Programs. Notwithstanding the previous provisions of this PTS section, in the event that during a day with Peak Time Savings Hours there is an interruption in the delivery of electricity to the residential customer's premises, the kWhs in such residential customer's baseline load profile associated with the span of time over which such interruption occurs are set to zero. The credit, if any, determined through the aforementioned application of the PTS is provided on one of the residential customer's next two monthly bills for electric service after such Peak Time Savings Hours. All charges and associated provisions of the otherwise applicable tariff or tariffs apply to the customer served under the PTS program. The following terms and conditions apply to your participation in the Peak Time Savings program. You expressly consent to ComEd to contact you through the use of auto-dialed and/or pre-recorded calls with information and account messages regarding the programs you selected. You understand that this consent is not a condition of purchasing any goods or services from ComEd. Message and data rates may apply.